Debt Recovery Claims
Our experienced solicitor who provides advice and representation to businesses in relation to claims for debt recovery is:
- Neil Johnson – Senior Associate Solicitor
Neil has a joint honours degree in Economic History and Geography from the University of Glasgow and a Graduate Diploma in Law from the University of Westminster. Having been called to the Bar in 2003, Neil cross-qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Neil has Higher Rights of Audience, which allows him to represent his clients as a solicitor-advocate in the senior civil courts of England and Wales. He has been accepting instructions in debt recovery matters for the past 10 years.
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (eg if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Our fee (incl VAT)
Up to £5,000
£25 - £205
£615 plus VAT
£5,001 - £10,000
£410 - £455
£820 plus VAT
£10,001 - £50,000
4.5% - 5% of the value of claim
£1,025 plus VAT or 5% of the value of the claim, whichever is the higher
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation.
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending on to you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the Court to enter Judgment in Default
- When Judgement in Default is received, writing to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
Matters usually take 8-16 weeks from receipt of instructions from you, to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in Default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
If you have any questions or require more information, please contact us today.
Welwyn Garden City
01707 887 700
0203 327 9001